Office Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Slave Lake, Alberta
Hours of Work Per Week: 40 hrs/wk
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Compensation: $18.50- $25.00 /Hour
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve lives of children, youth and families who are facing challenges. The WJS Canada office is a busy administration hub supporting the WJS Family Services programs, staff and management in Slave Lake and area.
The Administrative Assistant will assist Program Managers with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing job posting request forms, conducting reference checks and credential verifications, petty cash and expense reports, as well as, coordinating the social services drive program and other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit invoices, bills, expense claims, etc.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests etc.
• Telephone and in-person reception.
• Schedule appointments
• Work with Program Manager to coordinate/schedule social service drives for local families
• Create reports, documentation and written communications.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Full job description available upon request
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources)
• 1+ years office administration experience
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Good working knowledge of client and personnel file maintenance, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Must have a reliable vehicle