I am looking for 6 inch insulated stove pipe for my wood stove. 10 feet or more. Hopefully in Sunset House area.
New Buy & Sell Ads (Weekly)
Free classifieds for residents to buy and sell items locally. This page is updated weekly to show you the latest classified ads in the Slave Lake area.
Push mower, with bagger system. Bag system tells you when to stop mowing, showing “stop” on the bag. This helps prevent over filling or clogging the bag system.
Auto walker works awesome on this unit.
Cuts high and low grass.
Well maintained, was owned since new by a senior. Just used it to mow my front lawn this week, worked like a charm.
If your interested in checking it out, text my cell or email me, we’ll set up a time :)
Nights Sleep Disability Support Worker (Female worker ONLY) - Slave Lake
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Slave Lake, Alberta
Schedule: 32-40 hrs/wk; 3-on, 3-off shift rotation including holidays. (12-hr shifts) 7pm to 7am 4 hours regular awake duties, 8 hours of sleep (sleep hours paid at $15/hr)
Compensation: $19.72 - $21.30 /Hour
344-31 NorthEast House
WJS Canada works to improve the lives of persons with developmental disabilities by encouraging them to be self directed and to make their own decisions. In order to build social, communication skills and life skills our team members offer support to encourage and enable independence, self expression and creativity in the persons we serve. Behavioral and health-related support is tailored to their individual needs.
The front-line DSW sleeps at the client's residence and is available, if needed, to assist the client during overnight hours.
**This position requires a female worker**
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement: This is a gender-specific position based upon the behavior and needs of the persons served.
***This 12 hour shift is 4 awake hours (at regular rate). Sleep rate of $15/hr applies during hours between 11pm and 7am***
COVID19 - Governments/funders continue to increase the mandate for full vaccination status, therefore, employees of WJS must prepare and/or be prepared to be able to meet this requirement.
Typical overnight shift may include:
• 7pm (4 awake hrs) - assist/model nightly bed-time routine (personal hygiene, brushing teeth, etc.) ensuring a consistent, healthy and safe environment for persons in care.
•11pm-7am (8 sleep hrs)- You will be provided your own private bedroom, within the residence and sleep hours are paid at minimum wage $15/hr. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• 7am - day shift arrives, shift exchange
In Your Role You Will
• Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, taking action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion.
• Implement person-centered plans designed to support and assist persons in a residential group or private home setting
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills or assist with direct care of high needs and/or medically fragile individuals, as required.
• Provide instruction, guidance and support in a helpful and supportive manner.
• Assist and support individuals to participate in a meaningful way in their personal life planning definition of personal goals.
• Model socially appropriate behaviours (for the individual and the community).
• Administer medical administration or first aid, according to prescribed procedures.
• Participate in shift exchanges, staff communication and communication of issues or concerns.
• Maintain required documentation.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with a developmental disability.
• Grade 12 High School Diploma or GED with a preference for College Certificate or Diploma
• MUST HAVE - Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Demonstrated skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self-help & problem solving, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills are required as all files are electronic
• Clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention Check
• CPR/First Aid & Abuse Protocol training ( if necessary, will consider providing training)
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages (for staff 30+hrs/wk after 3-months employment) including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life, 2 weeks annual vacation to start and more!
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply online for JOB# J1021-1090 at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Office Manager and Project Coordinator is expected to work collaboratively with the Community Futures Lesser Slave Lake Region Executive Director and staff to (1) oversee the day to day operations of Community Futures Lesser Slave Lake Region and (2) coordinate projects assigned by the executive director. Ideally, this is an entry level position with a tremendous potential for job growth and development. The position is for 35 hours per week.
Split dry firewood and log truck loads of firewood. Right now we have dry split spruce and dry split tamarack. We have split birch and split poplar but it is green. We also have log truck loads of green birch and green tamarack. $260.00 per cord for spruce. $340.00 per cord for tamarack. $420.00 per cord for birch. We can also deliver up to 5 cords of split wood at once. Delivery charges will apply. We accept Etransfer, Bank Drafts, or cash.